AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ON IN-OFFICE CARE
Dear Associates in Eyecare Patients:
Despite the challenges of COVID-19, Associates in Eyecare has taken action to protect the safety of both our patients and staff through strict, in-office safety protocol and a temporary pause in non-urgent care. However, interrupting the routine care of many patients over the last 30 days is not something we take lightly.
That’s why we want to share with you that throughout the month of June, Associates in Eyecare will work to safely return patients to our office for routine care.
We understand this is not a time to let our guard down, and our clinicians and staff will continue diligently working to guard the safety of those who seek care in our office. Additionally, our team is in continuous dialogue with both national and local health authorities to secure proper safety protocol is in place to protect our patients.
Ultimately, it is important to address the many clinical needs of our patients, as well as critical health screenings and procedures that have been postponed recently, many of which are essential to maintaining the well-being of our community.
Feel Confident in Your Care
Now that we better understand the risks and spread of COVID-19, we are more prepared than ever to help provide a safe environment for patients to access care. Our office is taking the following precautions, as well as requiring participation from patients, to minimize exposure and help you feel confident in receiving the quality eye care you deserve.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Extensive Cleaning. As always, we will continue with thorough cleaning of exams rooms which takes place between each patient visit, along with frequent disinfecting of our welcome areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- Enforcement of Social Distancing. Our welcome areas have been arranged to provide more separation between seats. We are also encouraging patients to wait in their cars whenever possible. Call when you arrive in the parking lot and we will be happy to call, or text, you when we are ready for you.
- Limited Schedules. While we are pleased to welcome back more patients, we are doing so with an abundance of caution, limiting the number of appointments each day to have less individuals in our office at the same time. If you have an appointment in the next 30 days, it’s possible you may be contacted to reschedule if necessary, in order to achieve this. Currently, we are treating patients in our Springfield office and temporarily closing our Union office, until further notice.
- Patient Screening. We will continue to screen all patients with our COVID-19 screening questions and will be closely monitoring patient temperatures.
- Staff Screening. All staff are screened daily for symptoms of COVD-19 and their temperatures are checked prior to beginning their shifts. Anyone exhibiting symptoms, or who has been in close contact with an individual with symptoms of COVID-19, will be quarantined according to current CDC guidelines prior to returning to work.
What You Should Do:
- Wear a Mask. All patients are required to wear a mask or facial covering to wear at all times when in our offices. Our staff members are also required to wear a mask.
- Don’t Bring Visitors. At this time no visitors, including children, are allowed in any of our care centers. Exceptions may be made for medical necessary assistance, or if the patient is a minor.
- Stay Home if You’re Unwell. If you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please call us to reschedule your visit for a time when you are feeling better.
Don’t Put Your Health on Hold
At Associates in Eyecare, your well-being is not elective. We believe in creating a safe environment where everyone can access care comfortably and confidently.
We want to stay connected with you and we look forward to seeing you in our office soon! Please stay well, and above all, don’t put your health on hold. Our providers are here for you.